Which min DVI card for 2405 ?

Olivier M.

n00b
Hi all,

My 2405 is on its way by UPS... ;)

My problem is the following: I have a very old graphic card with no DVI (Leadtek Geforce 2 Pro). I'm currenlty on AGP & i'll soon upgrade to a full PCI-E config, buying then the latest PCI-E card...

My goal is simple: As my current AGP card cannot handle DVI, I wanted to know which min DVI card running on AGP can run the 2405 in 2D (1920x1200) & 3D simple use ? I want the cheapest one as possible !

Cheers,
Olivier.

might as well just use VGA for right now, save up, and spend the money all on the new PC.

TSS Modder said:
might as well just use VGA for right now, save up, and spend the money all on the new PC.

Of course, but:

1/ I'm not sure my Geforce can AT LEAST handle 1920x1200
2/ As I may bought my new PC in a month or two I would love to start using DVI capabilities.

In the cheapest DVI card i've found the following:
- Asus A9250/TD
- Point Of View GeForce FX 5200 (128 Mo)

Does someone run correctly the 2405 with one of those cards ?

Before I got my BFG 6800 GT OC, I was running a GeForce 2 Ultra at full res without any problems. Even FarCry ran smoothly with most of the eye candy turned down.

Olivier M. said:
Hi all,

My 2405 is on its way by UPS... ;)

My problem is the following: I have a very old graphic card with no DVI (Leadtek Geforce 2 Pro). I'm currenlty on AGP & i'll soon upgrade to a full PCI-E config, buying then the latest PCI-E card...

My goal is simple: As my current AGP card cannot handle DVI, I wanted to know which min DVI card running on AGP can run the 2405 in 2D (1920x1200) & 3D simple use ? I want the cheapest one as possible !

Cheers,
Olivier.

i am running this monitor with a Geforce2 MX/MX 400 at 1920x1200 via VGA so i am pretty sure u will be fine, temporary of course.

Thank you all for the reply !
I'll wait the monitor & let you know if my current card is ok !

Olivier M. said:
Thank you all for the reply !
I'll wait the monitor & let you know if my current card is ok !
in the meantime begin to save up for some dual-core AMD Venices and whatever the heck nVidias new card is.... then you can get the party started! :cool:

Back