Which Medusa

Rajveer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
226
I want to be able to connect my speakers AND Medusa headphones to my soundcard at the same time. I don't think I can do this with the Gamer series (8793) and only with the discontinued standard ones (8790) and it's replacement the home series (8796). My question is, which out of these two is preferred? I'll only be connecting it to my PC speakers so I don't think I'll need the 8796 series, and I can get a pair of the 8790s so is this the better choice or is there any other reason I'd want the newer ones?
 
You can just get splitter adapters if you need, or a swicthing box. There are lots of ways to do this. I am guessing these are 5.1 cans your talking about?
 
Yep, these are 5.1 headphones. I've lost the ability to get the discontinued ones so it's either the set with or without the amp (which can take two sources and output to two sources so no need for splitters). If I were to get the set which plugs directly into the sound card and go down the splitter route, wouldn't I get worse audio quality?
 
Well fo the splitter you put them on the cards output. Connect the speakers to one set of outs and the headphones to the other. When you don't want the speakers just turn them off.
I don't think it would hurt sound quality in any noticable way. Either that or depedning on wha t you want the headphones for you could plug them to your onboard. You can run more then one card. I use two cards for recording purposes.
 
Back
Top