which laser printer to buy

I own the Samsung printer and it is absolutely wonderful. I too looked at that hp printer, but I never seem to have good luck with hp...I am sure others do, but I don't. Anywho, the samsung printer has a fairly small footprint, prints very fast, and does a great quality job. Either one you get, be sure to pick up a usb printer cable printer if you don't already have one.

i gotta vote for the HP 1012, had it about 5 months now, and i love it, printed over 500 pages so far, the speed it awesome, the warm-up is very fast and the quality is great, plus i think it looks 10x better than the samsung, just my opinion tho

The samsung. - Now, if you were going to tell me your doing "super high resolution" greyscale printing. then i'd say go with the one with the higher resolution, but for day to day printing of letters, grey photos, etc.. 600dpi is MORE than enough.. hell, 150DPI is enough

If you aren't planning to do graphics, I'd say go for the Samsung.

I have an HP Color Laserjet 2550L ( $500 at Best Buy) and absolutely love it! I don't think you can go wrong with HP laser products.

it has been my experience that the samsung laser printer tend to be a little more economical in toner consumption. additionally, the samsungs seem to perform better at this price range. once you go beyond $300 the HPs really shine.
another thing to consider is the price of toner cartridges and how many pages you can print with it.
i own a samsung hl-1440 and i'm still on the first toner cartridge.

oops! correction: it's a brother that i own. HL-1440.

I am having trouble finding the toner for the Samsung printer. HP is a bigger brand and I see the HP toner all over the place (officemax, officedepot, newegg, etc). Knowing this I will have the comfort of buying the toner easily.

Even samsung.com does not list the model number of the toner.

I'm inching towards the HP but I do love the Samsung look/price better than the HP.

I don't have any experience with the HP, but I just recently bought a Samsung ML-1740 and I'm happy with it. The fan is a little noisy if you have it close by, but it turns off when the printer enters sleep mode (adjustable 5-60 minutes after printing). The HP is fanless, but i've heard the heat causes paper curling during large print jobs. Both printers have gotten very good reviews.

when i bought my laser printer it was a tossup between these two printers also, but back then the samsung was $150 and the HP was $200, i ended up just buying the HP at walmart for $200 because it was convienient and i decided the HP was a better known brand and it would be easier to repair/replace it, and buy toner. i am very happy with my choice, and im actually thinking about purchasing one for my mom cause she prints alot for her business, like i said i have gone through over 500 pages, alot of them large pictures off the net and im still on my first toner cartrage.

Another vote for HP as we have nothing but HPs at work and they have all served us well. No experience with that particular model but we have a couple 1200s and 1300s as well as a ton of 1100s that are real workhorses.

I personally have a Brother HL1440. I initially looked at the Samsung, but their toner carts are around $50-60. However, with the Brother, I found I could pay about $10 more and get a double-capacity toner. That sealed the deal for me, even though the printer was a little more out the door. I'm still using the included toner, though, and have printed well in excess of 1500 pages.

Back