• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which KVM?

-zax-

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
2,200
I'm looking into getting a KVM so I can get my other linux box up and running, and want to get a USB KVM only.

I've been looking around and have come upon a few and wondering if they're worth puchasing or not.

Zonet - KVM3112

D-Link - DKVM-2U

Are either of these two worth a darn? Does anyone have one of them? One thing they both have is hot key operation which is exactly what I want. Just mainly wondering if the D-Link is worth the price jump over the Zonet. I have several D-Link networking items and a USB hub and it works great.

LMK

Thanks in advance.
 
I would worry about KVM's that have the cables attached...if you mess one up...the entire thing is bad...

[Shameless Plug] I have a 2 Port Zonenet KVM in my FS thread in my sig[/Shameless Plug]
 
www.newegg.com has the iogear kvm with 4 ports model: gcs104u.
it's usb (no ps2 ports) but works great. i'm using it now and i haven't had any problems.
it comes with it's own cables which don't look like they're high quality but i haven't had any video degradation, i've got full functionality with my mouse, and there's no lag except when you're switching to/from computers.
i highly recommend this model.
 
The only other thing I'm worried about is if whichever distro of linux I decide to reinstall on my second box will have problems with the USB KVM? I prefer USB over PS/2 so that is why I want a USB KVM.

Anyone running a USB KVM with a distro of linux with any problems?
 
l337zax said:
The only other thing I'm worried about is if whichever distro of linux I decide to reinstall on my second box will have problems with the USB KVM? I prefer USB over PS/2 so that is why I want a USB KVM.

Anyone running a USB KVM with a distro of linux with any problems?

I use a couple of KVM's All PS/2 since I am to cheap to buy a real keyboard (IBM Mod # 9910). I haven't had any problems with using it with Linux. Problems with the Belkin I have at work is there is about 10-15 sec lag when I switch. My Linksys and other No-name brand KVM doesn't have that problem.
 
Back
Top