• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which is the best Mid Tower Case

Darlok

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
131
Hi Guys.. I'm building a new PC and need advice on a nice Mid Tower Case. My Rig right now had the Lian-Li V1000+ which I purchased for $250 and it has served me well. I am looking to buy a new PC with a great Mid Tower Case that is silent and has awesome airflow, just like this Lian-Li.

Right now I'm looking into the Cooler Master Haf-XM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

OR THIS Silverstone FT02
http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-FT02B-W-USB3-0-Aluminum-Uni-Body/dp/B008J0ZOF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1402719639&sr=1-1&keywords=silverstone+ft02

I'm really not sure if there's a big difference.. The FT02 seems a big big and bulky... It's about 4 inches longer than my Mid Tower Lian-Li. I basically need space only for 1 SSD and 1 extra HD. Not planning on raiding or doing anything of that sort. Thanks
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the Corsair Air540 ,and after going through 11 cases in 2 years, I can say this is the best case I have ever owned, used, and built in.
 
FM_Fixxxer, the Cube? It's a bit too bulky for me...... Too wide .. but seems like a nice case :0
 
Hi Guys.. I'm building a new PC and need advice on a nice Mid Tower Case. My Rig right now had the Lian-Li V1000+ which I purchased for $250 and it has served me well. I am looking to buy a new PC with a great Mid Tower Case that is silent and has awesome airflow, just like this Lian-Li.

Right now I'm looking into the Cooler Master Haf-XM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

OR THIS Silverstone FT02
http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-FT02B-W-USB3-0-Aluminum-Uni-Body/dp/B008J0ZOF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1402719639&sr=1-1&keywords=silverstone+ft02

I'm really not sure if there's a big difference.. The FT02 seems a big big and bulky... It's about 4 inches longer than my Mid Tower Lian-Li. I basically need space only for 1 SSD and 1 extra HD. Not planning on raiding or doing anything of that sort. Thanks

The FT02 is a bit deep because of the positioning of the motherboard back plate. Bit its pretty decently thin and not very tall. The XM is a lot shorter than the HAF X, but its not a whole lot shorter than the HAF 932. On top of that its as deep and wide as the HAF-X. It's a mid tower when using the HAF-X as a base point but it is not a true mid tower and is very bulky and oddly shaped. It's a case for people who wanted the easy of working with and flexibility of the X but didn't want something as massive.

You want build quality, uniqueness, and smaller size go with the FT02. You want better cooling, spacious room for working with, and a simpler internal design go with the XM.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
for me the best case i've used and tested, Corsair 600T, Corsair C70 (which i loved since the first time I used it), antec 1100 (this last its a full tower but its just for me the best cooling performer when used the correct fans, same as the Corsair C70.)
 
Love my Carbide 540. Cools better than my HAF 932 did and is a really unique case to build in.
 
Oh wow.. Those are nice cases.. I need a Mid Tower though... Didn't even know what Caselabs was.. They're a bit pricey... I'd like to spend around $200-250 on a case like I did on my LIAN LI.. <3 my LIAN LI.. but It could be slightly better.. Thanks for your input guys... This is great.. Such a refresh from the cases I only knew about that were available on newegg and amazon. :) Right now it looks like Fractcal Define R4 for me.
 
FM_Fixxxer, the Cube? It's a bit too bulky for me...... Too wide .. but seems like a nice case :0

I get ya, in all honesty, I thought the same thing. But it really isn't that much wider than a normal case, maybe 3.5-4 inches more. And after building in it and using it for this long, I can truly say it's the best case I've owned. In the past 2 years, I've had a HAF 932, HAF 922, HAF XB, Corsair r500, Corsair Vengeance c70 and this Air 540. Lots of buy and sell lol. I'm picky as hell, and I've finally settled on a case. Give it some thought is all I'm suggesting.
 
Back
Top