Which is the best manufacturer for 8800 GTX?

torrey.smith

I Love the Cock - Please PM Me
The aquisition phase of my new build is nearly complete, leaving a liquid cooling system and 2X 8800 GTX cards.

I would appreciate recommendations for manufacturers for the 8800 GTX, with respect to customer service, warranty and build quality.

I will probably go with a non-OC version and fit the Danger Den liquid cooling components myself. Any liquid cooling comments for this card are more than welcome as well.

Flextronics.

Oh wait, you mean you mean munufacturer as in "put in box, add sticker."

Then EVGA, XFX or BFG seem to be the top dogs lately with warranty and service.

all the cards are manufactured by the same manufacturer ;)
the different brands offer different warranty and software bundles
EVGA is a good brand

OK, I have heard good things about EVGA. Thanks!

Speaking of the whole "put in box, slap on sticker" thing, the only thing that seems to vary are the cooling shrouds. I guess that lets Nvidia take advantage of the collective marketing efforts of its downstream sellers. Hey- if that means that a lot more advertising is done, then a lot more cards will get sold, and the price drops for Joe Consumer. Everybody wins!

Well, I've gone and bought the liquid cooled MSI 8800 GTX board from Newegg...

The price was pretty good and the remote reservoir is good for my purposes. But rest assured, EVGA maintains an excellent reputation. :D

I even got a desk from Ikea and a specific chair for this machine!

...Now I just have to put all these components (check my signiture) together...

I have 2 from evga and 1 from XFX happy with both brands. Pick the one with a warranty that satisfies you...

I've been using EVGA for all of my customer builds, and personal builds. Never had a major issue that wasn't handled efficiently.

bfg or xfx if you want any kind of decent resale value. evga is a one shot warranty, xfx is double lifetime and bfg doesn't seem to care WHO owns the card.

Back