which is the best cdrw proggy besides nero?

thenerd

Limp Gawd
i heard on this forum that nero has some incompatibilities with nforce boards, which i *think* is the culprit for my recent burning problems... ie 5 failed dud cds out of 7 burnt. (VERY SAD and FRUSTRATING). oh and i doubt it is my cd drive, it is a sony 40x/32x.

Alcohol 120% is my burner of choice. I haven't heard of Nero and imcompatibilities with nForce boards (I have one even), but another reason could be that your burner is wearing out and will no longer burn good copies at full speed. Try burning them at 24x or so and see if it helps.

You arent by any chance using Memorex's "Cool CDR's"? Those have pretty high failure rates (for me at least).

Can A120 burn regular files? I thought they only burn images..

Maybe try Adaptec?

i am using generic mitsumi cds which comes in 50 packs for 15ish dollars on sale... i doubt it is my hardware's fault, since i just got it about 2 months ago, and burnt less than 10 cds.

thenerd said:
i heard on this forum that nero has some incompatibilities with nforce boards, which i *think* is the culprit for my recent burning problems... ie 5 failed dud cds out of 7 burnt. (VERY SAD and FRUSTRATING). oh and i doubt it is my cd drive, it is a sony 40x/32x.
On a cdr/back up forum the read. The biggest cause of problems with most burning app and Nforce mobo is using the Nforce IDE drivers instead of the MS ones.

Burnatonce is by far the best program I've used for burning CDs. Not a single coaster yet.

The only problem I have with it is it doesn't do DVDs !

Back