Which is more reliable - MicroSD in adapter or Standard SD?

Barometer

Limp Gawd
Trying to figure out which is best to buy for use in a high end Sony video camera.

The MicroSD cards seem more solid and less flexible,,,,,but they have to be inserted in an adapter which adds some potential for problems.

Standard SD card are one piece of course, but seem a little more flimsy and not as solid as MicroSD cards.

Is there any difference in their sturdiness and longevity?

Is either overall better than the other?

If it's really high end, it should take XQD, which are tanks.

If not, I suggest not skimping on the SD card, and looking about specifically for reviews that mention durability.

And then, if you care about what you're capturing, run two cards if possible for in-camera capture, back up immediately and swap cards, and if at all possible, use an external recorder.

I have half a dozen adapters on my desk right now. Only one of them still works.

I've had a similar experience with adapters.
That makes me concerned that they could also fail to record during critical recording moments.

If I use adapters I use tape to clamp the MicroSD card in tighter. Just in case.

I have no issue with adapters (more than a dozen in use between home and work) at all but I rarely take the flash out once inserted.

Back