Which is more immersive?

capnstabn

Gawd
Currently I am running the PLP setup (2x2007fp + 1x3007wfp-hc) and want to move to eyefinity. I have been really liking the screenshots of the LLL configuration. BUT 3x3007wfp-hc monitors will not fit on my desk using LLL. I thought about doing PPP with them but I am not sure if it would be as immersive. What do current eyefinity users thing I should do in this situation? Sell all my monitors and replace them with something I can do LLL with?

I think 3 30" panels in PPP will be very immersive! I think of the panels you can do PPP mode with, 30inchers will be the best, because your center display still has 1600 res on the width.. I think the question will be, how will your panels look in PPP mode.. how are the viewing angles? my guess is they will be good with that panel. but you want to check to see how you like it. if you went with something smaller, I wouldn't go smaller than a 26" panel if you're used to 30s... I went with 24s and they're a bit smaller in person than I expected.. coming from a single 37". but I am quickly getting used to them.

30" PPP would be very immersive. Very expesnive but worth it. Think of the resolution you are getting. 2560 H by 4800 W. If you have the money and the desk space, you should try it out and let us know how you like it.

3 24"s would take some getting used to. Which 24 did you decide on? I have been thinking of the new U2711 Dell monitor too but not sure if it would fit either.

I went on the cheap and took a chance with EQD auria eq236 displays.. aside from being a lot smaller in person than I expected, they are extremely nice imo.. they use a samsung M236H1-L01 panel and support 2ms response with OD on.. color and blacks are very good for a TN panel.. for the 180 (no tax free shipping) I paid for them each, I am very happy. I basically just wanted to get my foot in the door with this eyefinity thing so I could play with it.. so far, I like it a lot.

Back