Which is better

FPS

Limp Gawd
hi
im gonna get a new card soon so which is better

9800 pro or 5900 XT :confused:

Actually the 6800NU is the best for that kind of money at present ;) 12Pipelines.

Yuck i feel dirty I just recomended an Nvidia :eek: (Runs off to throwup in toilet lmao :p )

@trapine said:
Actually the 6800NU is the best for that kind of money at present ;) 12Pipelines.

Agreed...I love mine...Doom3 looks killer! But if you can't get the extra $100, get the 9800 pro. But really, save, beg, borrow and steal and get the 6800...you won't regret it.

@trapine: Those cards go for about $200. The NU is about $300. I don't think they are in the same "pricerange" for people on a budget.

I think the 6800LE (MSRP AFAIK $199) would be a better card than either of those 2 :)

If you've got the $$$ definatly go with the 6800 nu, it is well worth it, but if not the 9800 pro is way better than any GeForce5 series card.

@trapine said:
Actually the 6800NU is the best for that kind of money at present ;) 12Pipelines....)

Argh!

(soapbox moment here)

When you say 6800NU - ??!?! yah, "non ultra" - but, we've got the GT, LE, and in a month three or for other flavors, that are "non ultras". Just say 6800... it's okay to have just a 6800, you don't have to make it sound better by putting the NU after it. It's still a 6800 and is a damn fine card. "Non Ultra" or NU is misleading as there are three other flavors on the market that are not Ultras - hence people thinking they can soft mod thier 6800LE to unlock 16 piplenes because it's a "non ultra".

nothing against said poster - this is just a general gripe from an old fart that likes to say things the way they are - Yes, I know what peeps are talking about, but somewhere down the line someone is going to get really confused.
</soapbox>

Peace,
Tim

somecallmeTim said:
Argh!

(soapbox moment here)

When you say 6800NU - ??!?! yah, "non ultra" - but, we've got the GT, LE, and in a month three or for other flavors, that are "non ultras". Just say 6800... it's okay to have just a 6800, you don't have to make it sound better by putting the NU after it. It's still a 6800 and is a damn fine card. "Non Ultra" or NU is misleading as there are three other flavors on the market that are not Ultras - hence people thinking they can soft mod thier 6800LE to unlock 16 piplenes because it's a "non ultra".

nothing against said poster - this is just a general gripe from an old fart that likes to say things the way they are - Yes, I know what peeps are talking about, but somewhere down the line someone is going to get really confused.
</soapbox>

Peace,
Tim

But when you say 6800, there are three other cards that are 6800's also. Which 6800 are you referring to?

Back