Which iPhone is the most FIREPROOF?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know why but there is something soothing about watching every generation of iPhone covered in gas and set on fire. The funny part about the video is how many of the older phones actually survived the test while all newer the ones bit the dust.

I figured the 4 and 4S would stand up better to heat being mostly glass. It's surprising that the plastic ones survived too.

Pretty sure all the aluminum backed phones had their batteries baked to non-working states.

... The dude himself noted that the bottom row had more gas than the top one, causing more burning. I don't even know what the point of this test was.

Side note though, I'm still using my 3GS as an alarm clock. I mean that's all it does... but it still works for that.

The whole experiment was worthless considering he had more gas pooled at the bottom than the top. He should have prepped better and made sure each phone had the same consistency of gas and heat. An oven would have probably been better for this test.

who cares how scientific it was, we got to see a bunch of iphones burn, like they all should.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Didn't watch to see which one survived longest, just enjoyed seeing iPhones burning.

I figured the 4 and 4S would stand up better to heat being mostly glass. It's surprising that the plastic ones survived too.

Pretty sure all the aluminum backed phones had their batteries baked to non-working states.

Page hits, views... = money.

Throw an old Blackberry in there and I bet it beats all touchscreen phones in destruction tests

... The dude himself noted that the bottom row had more gas than the top one, causing more burning. I don't even know what the point of this test was.

Side note though, I'm still using my 3GS as an alarm clock. I mean that's all it does... but it still works for that.
The point of the "test" was to get views. Same reason those ".50 cal fired through latest samsung or apple phone" videos are so popular. Hell, there's at least 1 youtube channel I've come across dedicated to throwing iphones off of a parking garage after wrapping them in silly putty, plaster, etc. Some people simply like seeing electronics getting blown up/shot/burnt/smashed/dropped/etc.

Tsk, here we go again, Android had the Snapdragon 810(°c) last year, and now Apple comes out with phones bursting into flames and everyone thinks they are so innovative!

I kid, I kid.

Back