Which HSF?

maxse

Gawd
I was reading through the forum, and found that Thermalright is discontinuing one of its HSFs? So im thinking its a good time to snatch up two of them one for my current cpu and one for a future one? on newegg they are still around $40 though!

Can any1 give me a link to a reliable site where I can get a good deal on this? Also this is a good HSF right? Right now I have an Asus p4b533-V mobo, with a P4 2.53ghz.

If I decide to get an AMD mobo later on such as an Asus A7N8X-X, would it fit in there? Thanks for your help :)

Your assumptions are flawed... while Thermalright may be discontinuing a heatsink (which one? they have like 5 different worthy models), the price surely won't drop. The SLK's (900 hasn't been discontinued yet, maybe this is the one?) are still great coolers. SP-97 and 94 are great as well. So people aren't gonna lower the price just because they are going out of production. If you need a new cooler, either a TT Silentboost or an SP from Thermalright is the way to go. If you get "U" (Universal) version, then they will work on the Socket A board, too.

i'd stay way from the tt silent one, its has alum fins and qualtiy doesn't look too great i'd get the aerocool HT;) or the coolermaster hyper6, just check the sites and compare quality and build, you'll see what i mean

Originally posted by bobmanfoo
i'd stay way from the tt silent one, its has alum fins and qualtiy doesn't look too great...

If you are talking about the Silentboost, sorry, it does have copper fins and works very well. The only aluminum part is the fan bracket. The construction is as good as my sp-97.

oh , i didn't see the all copper version till now, but it still doesn't have teh small hs on the base of the pipes

thanks guys. I guess im going to stick with the stock setup, and add some case fans because I have non so far and idle my p4 2.53 runs at 50 degrees.

Any1 know the hole saw size i need for an 80mm fan?

hole saw? i don't know if you could a hole saw that big.... you're meaning the ones you put on drills to cut holes in doors for the knobs right?
i used a dremel to cut some holes into the case, just draw a cut out and get to hacking
:D

Originally posted by maxse
thanks guys. I guess im going to stick with the stock setup, and add some case fans because I have non so far and idle my p4 2.53 runs at 50 degrees.

Any1 know the hole saw size i need for an 80mm fan?

You need a 3 1/8 hole saw. And a good drill;) Be warned though, I've made a blowhole with a holesaw, and it can be a pain in the arse. I tried the dremel, and got impatient. If your case material is not too thick, the dremel may be the way to go.

Back