• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which HD 3850/3870 models include power cables?

amd7674

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
1,813
My older PSU Seasonic S12 380W doesn't have native PCI-Express 6pin cable. I know that I can easy buy one, but since the difference between different manufacturers is almost none existent, I would probably opt for a card that comes with a power supply. I guess I'm cheap ass bastard, but my budget is tight :rolleyes:

This is the list of models/manifactures who include power cable (pci-e 6pin to molex):
3850
video cards with power cable included:
Asus, Gecube and Power Color

video cards without power cable included:
Sapphire, HIS, Diamond and Visiontek.

3870
video cards with power cable included:
Asus, Sapphire, Gecube and Asus

video cards without power cable included:
HIS, Diamond and Visiontek.

If you already got any of the above cards and my finding are incorrect please let me know.

TIA ;)
 
You're talking about the molex to w/e the card uses adapter right? My Sapphire HD 3870 came with one.
 
Newegg lists the Gecube 3850 256mg as having the adapter. Mine should arrive tomorrow so I will confirm.
 
Back
Top