Which Graphic Card Should I buy for $300?

Kenji4861

n00b
I have about $300 to spend on a graphic card. What is the best out there nowadays? The last time I checked Geforce4 Ti4600 was the hottest. Thanks!

Wait a month, with $300 you'll be able to get a 6800 NU or whatever ATI's lower card is.

A used TI4600 can be had for less than a $100 now. It's still a good card if you mainly play two year old games or older. Right now, a 9800 pro for $199 shipped on newegg is your best bet. I'd suggest waiting 6 weeks for a 6800 though.

I agree with everything here so far, wait 4 - 6 weeks.;)
If you can't wait get the 9800 Pro card for only 200$.

Well, like someone already said, the 9800 Pro for $199 at Newegg is the best deal out there right now. However, I'd wait for ATI to announce their new card(s). Perhaps they will get their new line out shortly after, which could drop prices even further or put an even better card at or around the price you're willing to pay.

Definitely wait a month or two if possible.
I wouldn't spend $300 on any graphics card right now; either spend $200 and buy a 9800Pro if you absolutely cannot wait another second, or wait for the 6800nu and the x800Pro to arrive in retail.

I agree. I can't wait to dump my Built By ATi 9600Pro 128 and get something faster. But it just makes no sense to spend money now on a video card.

I'll get more for my money in a month.

Definiatly wait and get a X800 PRO. It will most likely beat the 6800 Non ULTRA and ev. run neck to neck with the ULTRA.

get the Sapphire 9800 Pro from newegg for $199, best bang (and what a bang it is) for the buck at the moment :D

if you can't wait, i'd recommend a 5900xt. IMO they're the best mid-range cards for their performance/price. pick one up at newegg.com for about $180.

Originally posted by Sir-Fragalot
I agree. I can't wait to dump my Built By ATi 9600Pro 128 and get something faster. But it just makes no sense to spend money now on a video card.

I'll get more for my money in a month.
ill buy your 9600 pro!!! dont let it go to waste!! at least its better than my 9200:p :D

Back