Which GPU?

suiken_2mieu

2[H]4U
Okay, so I own the rig in my sig and obviously need an upgrade.

I'm running 8000x2560 and 4800x2560 in game. I need a card that does at least 5 outputs (preferably 6). I have a 5870 E6 card and was thinking or getting a second in xfire. The other thing I was thinking of was getting the Sapphire 7970 Flex 6G Card. It essentially is a modern version of the card I have. Which would be awesome, but alas, it's not out for sale, and I have not heard any news of it since before the 7970 released.

The 7970 DCII card looks good, but it doesn't have 5 similar outputs, which means tearing on at least 1 monitor, and 1 of the DVI ports is only single link, which sucks. I may want to invest in another display.

Any suggestions as what to upgrade to?

I normally play on these settings in games:
2xAA
High Textures
High Draw Distance / Level of detail / etc.
HBAO/HDAO OFF

Medium to Low on everything else.

wait for the eyefinity 6 7970's to come out.. they will have 6 mini display ports + 6GB of vram.. my guess is they should be out either this month or maybe next month.

the 5870 crossfire scaling is garbage and isn't worth spending the money on.

Probably the 6990 until the new cards hit....

Its the same card AMD uses to show off 5 X 1 at all their public events.

wait for the eyefinity 6 7970's to come out.. they will have 6 mini display ports + 6GB of vram.. my guess is they should be out either this month or maybe next month.

the 5870 crossfire scaling is garbage and isn't worth spending the money on.

This looks like my best bet.

I don't think that has 6 miniDP.

Probably the 6990 until the new cards hit....

Its the same card AMD uses to show off 5 X 1 at all their public events.

My only thing about that is scaling is good some of the time, not others. Also what about tearing on the DVI port?

Back