which gpu heatsinks will fit on the X800XT AIW?

Activate: AMD

[H]ard|Gawd
will the ati silencers fit? seems like they had to modify the stock heatsink just to fit everything on the board, so im not sure a bigger sink will fly.. anyone know anything?

hmm.. maybe the zalman will offer enough clearance

well, took a chance.. and got burned.. ATi silencer 4 doesnt work.. guess i'll just have to be the guinea pig and buy the VF700 too :rolleyes:

Let me know how it goes. I've looked around to find a gpu block for my x800 xl aiw i just got and can't find anything yet. I think the Silverprop HL Fusion is supposed to work, but it's also about $55.00. If you have any succes getting something that fits I'll be interested!

Oops, looks like you weren't looking to water cool. Just re-read your post. If you think to watercool and find a gpu block let me know. :p

a Danger Den waterblock might fit it, lol. I am tempted to get one of these as well but I need assurance that the DD water block fits it.

I think the Zalman 80C-HP would fit it, just by eye judgement though...

haha, i AM looking to WC.... just not right now

its more an issue of mounting holes. the ATI silencer has 2 holes at the "top" to hold the memory cooling part on. the AIW doesnt have those holes. i'm also not sure about this, but the hole spacing around the core itself (2 diagonal holes) seemed slightly off.. otherwise i wouldnt worry about the VF700 becuase it only uses those holes.. but if the distance is slightly smaller.......

well, you get the picture

maybe i'll measure them for you when i go to install the VF700 when i get it later, then you guys should be able to compare it to the DD specs

Can I see a PCB shot without the heatsink on? Also, can you measure the distance between the mounting holes for me? I could at least confirm whether FusionHL works or not.

no problem.

just ordered the VF700 today so should have it by friday (i hope)

i'll get the shots and upload them as soon as i install it!

got some good news and some bad news..

good news: it worked!

bad news.. bad camera :p

pics:

before the cooler:
IMGP0806.jpg

naked shot:
IMGP0810.jpg

after the cooler:
IMGP0812.jpg

installation was fairly easy.. looks very cool!

distance between mounting holes is approx 2.25"

Back