Which Gaming Mouse ?

mamba sports that crappy philips twin eye sensor so you will be stuck with z-axis tracking problems. do your wallet a favor and get a MS IME 3.0, f*ck razer :)

I just got this a few weeks ago:
http://www.directron.com/xl750f.html
~$25 shipped.

I am so impressed with it I'm probably going to do a video review for Youtube. It has all the features of a much more expensive mouse. It feels perfect and has nice weight. Gets great reviews every where I looked.

I just love my mamba. called me biased but i'm a razeraddict. haha. and i recommend it as a wireless mouse.
wink.gif
nonetheless, the rest of the recommendations here are good.

I just got the Roccat Kone+ , and the Roccat Sota mouse pad . No real complaints , however , I ALMOST wish I had got the Razer Imperator instead .

I have two Logitech G9's. One for my desktop and one for my laptop.
I love it as a mouse. Find it very comfortable to hold for long periods.

I just got the Roccat Kone+ , and the Roccat Sota mouse pad . No real complaints , however , I ALMOST wish I had got the Razer Imperator instead .

You should really consider the imperator. Works like a charm, my little bro is using it. hehe

I was a big razer hater for a long time but finally gave in picked a Death Adder. I've had it for about a year and I love it.

I was a MS Intellipoint user for years- I'd buy a few at a time OEM for $10 at a local shop and keep them at home, they were pretty durable and always dependable.
123950-Gadget32-Intellimouse_b.jpg

You should really consider the imperator. Works like a charm, my little bro is using it. hehe

I felt a bit guilty when I got the Kone+ , disloyal actually . All of my other gear is Razer . The wife doesn't like my Kone+ much , but that's her . I should've got the Imperator !

The Logitech wireless models I had (G7 and MX1000) were excellent. Actually, I think I liked the MX1000 the most.

In a sort of sick, mentally ill stuper I comb the web once a month to see if somehow, someway Logitech released a mouse that matches the shape/size of the MX1000. I have YET to find a mouse that fits my hand better than that one! I have 3 other, brand new Logitech mice in my drawer, all the latest and greatest versions, ...but not one of them comes close to the comfort and performance of the MX1000. Could it really hurt the good people of Logitech to come out with an anniversary edition of the MX1000? :D

I was a big razer hater for a long time but finally gave in picked a Death Adder. I've had it for about a year and I love it.

I was a MS Intellipoint user for years- I'd buy a few at a time OEM for $10 at a local shop and keep them at home, they were pretty durable and always dependable.

I'm the opposite, went from a Deathadder to a 1.1a.

imho, if you have an medium-large hand, and want a palm grip , i would suggest the death adder. I used mamba and DA both for gaming , and the slightly bigger size of the DA is just WAY more comfortable for me.

The two that I would reccomend, which are ones that I personally own, are either the Razer DeathAdder (due to it's ergonomic fit) and the Steelseries XAI Laser. I've provided links to the respective products, below.

Razer DeathAdder

Steelseries XAI Laser - This one even has it's own LCD screen to switch gaming profiles, if need be.

I've owned and used for extended periods of time:

MX518
Razer Copperhead
Logitech G5
MS Habu
Logitech G5 V2
MS Sidewinder
Logitech G500

And my most recent acquisition is the Deathadder Black Edition.

I haven't had it super long yet, but right now the Deathadder is seeming very much like the best mouse I've ever owned.

It doesn't have all the fiddly buttons of the Sidewinder or the onboard memory of the G500 or whatever else, but just from the standpoint of comfort and the material used in its construction and the quality of the optical sensor and how smoothly everything works, it's definitely my favorite.

I think I need to try something different. My MX518 is kind of getting old on me.

The two that I would reccomend, which are ones that I personally own, are either the Razer DeathAdder (due to it's ergonomic fit) and the Steelseries XAI Laser. I've provided links to the respective products, below.

Razer DeathAdder

Steelseries XAI Laser - This one even has it's own LCD screen to switch gaming profiles, if need be.
Xai looks interesting. DeathAdder looks like the same mouse as Mamba just wired?

i like my mx 518.

i've had it for 3 years now. With the amount of time I play on my computer, i'm surprised it still works.

The forward and back buttons on the side next to the thumb rock for web browsing. I've tried other mice, but don't fit my hand to well. Just stay away from a wireless mouse if you do alot of FPS games.

I might consider getting a different mouse if i can find one that bests the mx518. However for me that is EXTREMELY hard to do. They are cheap now to.

I'm really thinking about returning the mamba and getting the logitech g700. I think it may be a better mouse.

I have the logitech G700, g9, and now G500. All of them I love. I especially like the G700 and G500.

I did get an Imperator , so now my Kone+ has been put back in the box . My Imperator will serve as a backup to my Mamba . As for my Kone+ , maybe I'll get lucky , & sell or trade it off .

the last mouse I got was the Cm storm sentinel . That seemed ages ago. Did I miss much or is the Cm still sweet?

Last edited:
the last mouse I got was the Cm storm sentinel . That seemed ages ago. Did I miss much or is the Cm still sweet?
I don't like mine very much. The sensor sucks and the mouse is too small. It has some nice features, but that doesn't help much when the fundamentals aren't very good.

yeah i thought so to, but this thing is like 10 years old and still functions as well as it did new, so its very durable at least and its smooth with movment and its very ergo.

I had one a long time ago , right before I got my first wireless laser mouse . I liked it a lot ! It's surprising the MS Trackball has appreciated in value the way it has !

Logitech G5 all the way! I've had one since August 08, and it not only has survived constant FPS and WoW abuse, but has also survived a deployment to a third world desert country! Works on any surface and is basically indestructible.

Returned my mamba for a slightly used g7 off ebay...such a nice mouse.

I use a Logitech G700 - it's the best wireless mouse I've used so far and my favorite gaming mouse. It's not for everyone though since it is heavy and the weight is shifted to the back (more so because of the battery being there) but it glides on the mouse pad like on ice. The battery life is satisfactory, however I do not set the mouse to 1000Hz poling rate since I do not see any benefits; it only drains the battery faster and uses up system resources unnecessarily.

This purely a personal opinion but I cannot get myself to buy Razer's gear. The products that I've got my hands on, although being visually appealing, appeared to me as having questionable fabrication quality and from what I can see, when purchasing what I consider to be expensive pieces of hardware, you seem to be playing the lottery on whether it will fail on you or not.

It has surely been mentioned all over the place, but for those looking for a cheaper alternative the best 'bang for buck' king remains the Microsoft Intellimouse. They are not really gaming mouses and aren't the most elegant pieces of hardware out there, but they do anything just fine.

I like that my mamba glows blue but I kind of want heavier weight and a more "side pinch" ergonomic fit. I don't use my palm at all.

Looks like you should try the G700. It might be what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Going to order the g700 off amazon now and see if i like it. If I don't I'll return that or the mamba.

Back