Which game do you pick as Game of the year(2005)?

NulloModo said:
I'm curious, when was the last time a true RPG won a game of the year shootdown? Sure, they usually aren't the most graphically intense, but a true linear turn based single player RPG has to rely completly on story, IMO they are the most difficult games to develop well, and the by far the most enjoyable to play.

Morrowind won it IIRC, and Oblivion may just do the same.

To keep things fair we should see game publications, us, the web and industry leaders choose GOTY by catagories. Catagories for genre and platforms aswell.

How can you have a 100% even or fair comparison between Battle for Middle Earth, Riddick and Resident Evil 4 for example. Of course publications like PC Gamer will only report PC game winners but places like [H] or Gamespy could report the entire rainbow of GOTY 2005 winners.

retardedchicken said:
Morrowind won it IIRC, and Oblivion may just do the same.

Hmm, interesting. I hated Morrowind (roomate gave me a free copy, would'nt run on his PC, so he PIF) but I didn't even get out of the first town before I got fed up with it. Oblivion looks possibly better, but still... I dunno, I really love old-school linear story-driven RPGs... I can't be the only one.

WoW.

EDIT: lol, didn't even realize that WoW was from last year... but hey how bout WoW for game of the year 2005? Who's with me?!

Back