Which Final Fantasy is the best port?

MisterClean

2[H]4U
So I have some cash from my Google rewards and I want an rpg to play.

Which android port final Fantasy game is the best?

Let's go ahead and exclude ffvii, I played way too much of it when it came out and can pretty much never play it again.

As much as my opinion might be pointless, FF4 I found works pretty good, with a controller that is (I use Moga Pro Power controller).

Haven't played enough of 5 or 6 to give you a definitive opinion.

I picked up ffvi, and it plays smoothly, and has a quick save as well as cloud save which is nice.

The screen is letterbox ed which is disappointing but not unexpected. The only real issue I have is the controls.

It's optimised for touch screens, so when you enter a battle, you click on your context menus for actions and your target. The menus are a little small and it is easy to fat finger.

Movement sucks. Touch the screen and hold it, and you get a directional pad that you use to move. It's hard to hit moving targets with, and obscures part of the screen. Actions while moving are performed by double tapping.

I don't know if a controller works or not, I haven't tried yet, but I doubt it will because of the touch controls.

The game itself is fun. I remember this is one that I've picked up a few times then got distracted with something else before I could get very far

I imagine I'll get ffiv and v after I finish this one.

Back