• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which Fan For XPC K45?

AVAFREAK182

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
2,645
I am gonna be building a low power K45 system.

What’s a good/quiet K45 92MM fan that I can throw in this rig?
 
Pretty much any PWM (4 pin bios fan controlled) fan will work great.

I've used:
Scythe Kama 92mm PWN Fan (200-2500RPM) 0-31DBA 55CFM
Arctic Cooling 92mm PWN fan (600-2000RPM) 10-24.5DBA 34CFM

Didn't notice any difference between them in the K45 because it never really got that hot.


Really the PSU fan will be the loud one.
I replaced mine with a Scythe Mini Kaze Ultra 40x20MM 3500RPM 4.8CFM 19.5DBA fan. Some wire splicing required and you void your warranty.

I also used a 65nm Intel Stock cooler for the cpu. Its a bit better then the 45nm ones. It has a copper base, larger fins, and stronger fan. I stuck with the weaker 45nm fan though.
 
Back
Top