Which Fan Controller ?

Mixman

Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
671
I need a fan controller for my V1000B case. Since the computer will be at my knees I've decided I don't want a dial in Rheobus like the Zalman or the Sunbeam, I know I will just hit those little knobs and mess with the fans all the time .....accidentally !

Which of these two LED Controllers would be best : Cooler Master Hard Cool Drive or the Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill . Any real disadvantages to these two, other than not being able to quickly adjust the fans ?

Any more controllers I should consider ?
 
Constanople said:
I use these. I like both equally TBH.

http://www.svc.com/ald-v03-us.html

http://www.svc.com/cmcdrive4-19.html

they were both on sale at svc at one point in time for 7.99 each. at this moment i would go with the one that is on sale :)

Not feeling the first one.....too difficult to make changes and only one line of display. The second is just the silver version which is $12.99 of what I linked above. So you like the Cooler Master ?
 
The CM is cool but I am leaning towards the Sunbeam. The Sunbeam has control of 7 fans, and the display seems better.
 
First off, I've only had problems with fan controllers I've purchased at SVC. So I'd avoid them when you buy one. I can't explain how I always ended up w/ bad fan controllers from them, but I know I wasted a lot of money at SVC and they gave me nothing in return.

I'd avoid any fan controller with an alarm. One of the fan controllers I got from SVC had an alarm, which I thought would be nice, but ended up being a pain in the neck. It was great waking up at 3 in the morning when the alarm started going off. ...not really. Another fan controller I got from SVC would short out ...for no apparent reason. I know I'd just be sitting here and all of a sudden 10 fans decide to go full blast (2 of which are 60mm fans w/ high output - which means a lot of noise).

So far I've had the best luck with a Zalman fan controller - but I don't think it's the style ur looking for. That's my experience. And the Zalman wasn't purchased at SVC.
 
Mixman said:
I just found this. I wonder has anyone ever used the Enermax ?


I have the older enermax setup like that (has knobs)......pain in the butt to hide the 8 billion wires coming out of it but overall it works very well. And the instruction booklet is a riot.
 
Super-b said:
First off, I've only had problems with fan controllers I've purchased at SVC. So I'd avoid them when you buy one. I can't explain how I always ended up w/ bad fan controllers from them, but I know I wasted a lot of money at SVC and they gave me nothing in return.

I'd avoid any fan controller with an alarm. One of the fan controllers I got from SVC had an alarm, which I thought would be nice, but ended up being a pain in the neck. It was great waking up at 3 in the morning when the alarm started going off. ...not really. Another fan controller I got from SVC would short out ...for no apparent reason. I know I'd just be sitting here and all of a sudden 10 fans decide to go full blast (2 of which are 60mm fans w/ high output - which means a lot of noise).

So far I've had the best luck with a Zalman fan controller - but I don't think it's the style ur looking for. That's my experience. And the Zalman wasn't purchased at SVC.


I want an alarm, but only a fan speed one, not a temperature alarm. I just want to know when my fans are too low, especially the cpu. Temps I don't care as much about, hopefully they will never get that high.
 
I ended up ordering the Enermax Ultimate Fan Control. It seems pretty cool....if I don't like it I'll just get the Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill.
 
Back
Top