Which fan combo for my rads?

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I am putting to MCR320s in series on a single loop with a MCP655. They are going in a NZXT Switch. One is installed in the front of the case and the other on the top I am currently cooling a i7 930@4ghz and a single 7850. I may add a second 7850 later. I could run possibly 4 options.

1. 1 rad with 3 med YL in push in the front of the case and 3 med YL in pull at the top.
2. Rad in same location but both in push/pull
3. Same as option 1, but with Ultra Kaze 3000rpm fans at about 1000rpms for daily use.
4. Med YL push/pull on one rad and Ultra Kaze @1000k in push or pull on the other.

All fans will be controlled with fan controller and I am looking for best cooling to noise ratio.

I already have 6 brand new med YL and I am not going to drop the cash for GTs or anything else, unless it is for 6 more med YL If you think I should go push/pull, then why? If I am not going to reduce cooling by at least 5c or reduce noise by running them all slower it wont be worth it.

I have tried to look at SkinneLabs to see if I could come up with some similar scenarios. If you have a link to some test or benchmarks please link them.

Thanks.

Which MCRs do you have? The QP or the XP?

The Ultra Kazes would probably be very whiny at that low speed. Most fans do not downvolt very well.

I would go with option 1. Two 360 radiators are overkill for your components.

They are the QP versions.

I would go with option 1. Two 360 radiators are overkill for your components.

That was kind of the plan. I was hopping that with two larger rads I would be able to run quieter fans.

The only reason why I mentioned the Ultras is because I have them and never used them. I have tried to sell them, but they are an overkill sort of fan.

Turn those medium fans down to 600-800 RPM. You'll never hear them, and have all the cooling performance you need.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the input, I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Back