which dual-bay docking station for reliability?

x509

2[H]4U
There seem to be negative reviews for all the different dual-bay docking stations

If I have to spend $50-$60 bucks for a good, reliable USB 3/3.1 unit, I will. What I don't want is anoth3er unit like the ********** docking station that I eventually tossed.

The ********** unit that would often disconnect a drive randomly. Or else, when I put in a second drive, the first drive would lose its connection. I've had problems with other ********** products and they don't always answer support emails. So no more ********** products for me.

x509

Must be a censored brand.

I have several and haven't had any issues with any of them, but it's not often that I actually ever put two drives in at a time.

Must be a censored brand.

I have several and haven't had any issues with any of them, but it's not often that I actually ever put two drives in at a time.
Krispy Kritter,

I know that I didn't put in those asterisks. :sick: I will PM you.

Krispy Kritter,

I know that I didn't put in those asterisks. :sick: I will PM you.
Guys,

The board censors out all vendor names, even in Newegg URLs. if you want to reply to this thread you can use just the first letter of the vendor's name. That is not censored out.

x509

I have a Black-X (Dual drive, USB & eSATA model), which I seem to recall had a weird issue with two drives at once, but I don't recall off hand what it was. I would have to test again and see what happens.

I also have this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GYOLGSA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was using the 2nd one for testing USB3 vs eSATA speeds. I don't recall ever testing dual drives in this unit, but could likely dig it up and test it as well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back