Which drivers?

ho72

Weaksauce
Monarch finally came through on my new X2 4400+ system today, and before I dive in I have a question.

I have heard the nVidia IDE drivers and firewall are to be avoided, but what about SATA drivers? Does XP Pro offer native support for SATA or must I install the nV drivers?

I will be installing the OS and apps to a SCSI drive (if all goes well) and using 2 SATA drives for everything else (if that matters).

Any pointers or links to SATA for Dummies pages would be appreciated. These are my first SATA drives.

I have had no issues with Nvidia IDE or SATA drivers. I have installed them on more than a hundred systems. I do avoid the firewall as it has caused problems with certian web sites.

Just load your OS to the SCSI drive, you will most likely have to load the SCSI driver before install by pressing F6 when prompted, you will need a driver disc. After you load the OS install the latest service pack and then load the proper NForce platform drivers. Pick no when asked if you want to install the network firewall access pack.

OK, thanks. I'm going to have to figure out my drive arrangement (P180 case), then I'll get busy. Computers sure have changed since I built my last...

Back