Which Dremel do you recommend?

Rudager

Gawd
I'm looking at the Li-Ion Dremmel aned the Dremel XPR...which one is better?

Depends on your needs.

For computer modding, I would say go with the XPR, since you won't need extreme portability of cordlessness.

Cordless dremels suck for modding.
I went from a cordless to a 400XPR and I LOVE my XPR. The cordless was so bad that I couldn't figure out what was so great about dremels until I got the XPR.

penguin said:
Cordless dremels suck for modding.
I went from a cordless to a 400XPR and I LOVE my XPR. The cordless was so bad that I couldn't figure out what was so great about dremels until I got the XPR.

now that's a good recommendation

XPR.

cordless are awful, i remember my friend using his cordless for RC stuff and it would just go dead within a handful of minutes. i imagine it would an even quicker death if being used to do some PC cuts.

I use a Pneumatic Grinder since I don't have a dremel tool

CP-872.jpg

Cuts through steel or just about anything else you can find with no trouble.

nobi125 said:
I use a Pneumatic Grinder since I don't have a dremel tool

CP-872.jpg

Cuts through steel or just about anything else you can find with no trouble.

Yea but one wrong move and whatever your working on is gone, lol. Those things have power, let me be the first to tell you.

And, the disks for it are usually a helluva lot thicker than the dremel disks... makes it harder for nice clean cuts.

I've used both, and the XPR is honestly better for computer stuff.

I wouldn't get the XPR. Theres alot of talk about them braking. If i were you, i would the older MultiPro.

I have a high powered cheapo from Home Depot I think it tops out at like 15,000 rpms theres like 5 speed settings does me right it is not cordless. This one bit I had made short work outta a big passive aluminum heatsink off an old geforce 2 into 8 perfectly sized memory heatsinks for my 9800pro put some AS3 on them and they work great. I think they were titinium or something found a baggie of what ever they were in my Dad's garage and he said I could have them I only needed to use 2.

Best I have used is the old Digital Dremel ... Damn thing is great and was the last dremel I got. I am not sure you can still get them, but they are still on the dremel website. Best part is that they dont suffer from the problem describe below.

Since I dont have an XPR, I do not know what type of speed controler it is using, however the older dremels had a problem metal dust shorting out the speedcontroler which would cause problems getting them to work properly. Normally this could be fixed by ripping it apart and cleaning the contacts. The problem is that they really are not designed for the amount of metal cutting modders put them through :)

Back