• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which desktop HDD for SRT

Lancer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
324
I was ready to go full SSD on my system but during our last LAN I was talking to one of my friends about the Asus Z68 Gene-Z system I just built and the new SRT technology they added to the chipset. So for my birthday he gave me the Intel 311 SSD to use in it. I have seen lots of articles talking about using various SSD's for SRT but no one really talking about how various desktop drives perform. Any recommendations for a good HDD to pair with this? I really don't need tons of space, my main concern is fastest performance with the lowest heat output. I know that isn't an eassy combo, velociraptors consume a bith much power for the purpose of this build.
 
I considered short stroking a 2TB HD and combining that with SRT. I haven't seen anyone do this yet. I would be interested to see the performance difference.
 
Back
Top