Which CrossfireX setup?

ha_sjo

n00b
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
14
Hi all,

I'm trying to spec/buy my new workstation but am not too hot on the current ATI cards out there. Here's the spec so far :-

Intel DX38BT Motherboard
Intel Q9300 CPU
<4GB some ddr3 ram here>

Now the problem is I have three 19" LCD monitors. From what I understand, Crossfire is better than SLi for driving 3 monitors (as in, you get to use more of the 2nd cards capabilities etc.). Anyway, this isn't a Crossfire vs SLi debate as the motherboard only supports the former... I'm not changing motherboards :p

So i'm stuck at which video cards to get. I don't want to spend a fortune, i'm not a gamer really, but I would like something of average quality.

I _must_ have silent/passive cards. I've not found any passive HD3850's, but there are some 3470's.. any recommendations? Ideally i'd like to spend £150-200 max on the pair. Someone said Sapphire do a passive 3850 but I can't find prices on it.

Thanks :D
 
Back
Top