Which Crashes More? Apple Apps or Android Apps

I've had my Android crash WAY more often than my wife's iPhone or iPod Touch. I chalked it up to custom ROM's, though. I've always used them (got my phone and Nook Color and immediately put a custom ROM on them). Most of the time, they run fine, but occasionally, they will crash for no apparent reason, and do it quite a bit, then they run fine for a long time. Apple apps have crashed very rarely.

My Windows Phone 7, I've had very little app crashes. One app (KGW news; Portland Oregon news channel) crashes ALL THE TIME. Other than that, absolutely none. I was very surprised.

In my experience, Apple and Windows are the more "mature" OS's and crash a lot less often than Android. But, I still chalk a lot of it to the individual application developers.

I actually like the fact that Android shows a message if there is a crash, it allows the user to report it, and add feedback on what they were doing.

iOS does send crash info to developers in the background automatically, and I disagree about feedback. half the people are going to use it to complain, and others are just not going to fill anything out at all.

Back