• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which CPU?

RoundelMike

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
83
Quick question: My buddy has a few spare motherboards/CPUs sitting around and he offered to give me whichever one I want. The two best are a Celeron 900MHz and a Pentium III 733MHz. Which one would be the better folding chip? I haven't tried overclocking either one so I don't know how much headroom there is, but I do plan to overclock.
 
Depending on the board, the Celerons should OC more then the 733, that is if the 733 is a 133mhz FSB Coppermine (they don't really OC... I have a bunch of them and did some research on em), and general rule of thumb the faster the chip, the faster it folds
 
Back
Top