Which cpu for work, and which one for htpc?

Gundam

Weaksauce
I have two intel cpus at home, a Celeron E3200 2.4ghz and a C2D E5200 2.5ghz that need to go into 2 machines. I'm trying to determine which one I should use for my work computer, and which one for my HTPC. Whichever one is going in the HTPC will need to be OCed to 3ghz as that seems to be the sweet spot to use XBMC smoothly.

For my work computer, I need the processer to be able to handle the following tasks.

-Run 2 remote desktops at the same time smoothly (one for a work server, and one for my personal home computer).
-Have multiple browsers and MS Office windows open at the same time.

I will be using a 30gb OCZ Vertex SSD for the work computer, and a 60gb OCZ Agility for the HTPC. Both computers will have 2gb of DDR2 ram. (Should I go with 4gb for the work computer?)

A single core Pentium 4 would be adequate enough for your "work" computer, so I'd suggest the C2D as your HTPC processor and the E3200 for work.

A single core Pentium 4 would be adequate enough for your "work" computer, so I'd suggest the C2D as your HTPC processor and the E3200 for work.

Well my work computer right now is a P4 2.8ghz with 2gb ram and it's a bit sluggish for my liking (running WinXP) :eek:

I want to bring in my own Win7 rig into work.

I second the use of the E5200 pentium dual core for the HTPC, and the Celeron E3200 for the office.

Back