• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which cooler to get? (for 2.4c)

Frugn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2003
Messages
158
Currently, I can get my 2.4c up to around 3ghz before it starts getting unstable/high temps, with stock intel cooler. I would like to try and go further, so I plan on buying a cooler. I am torn between the Zalman 7000A AlCu (cheapest), Zalman 7000A Cu (more expensive, not sure how much of a difference there is between this and AlCu), and the SP94 with a tornado (heard some good things about this, but it is hideously expensive). At first, I was just going to get the AlCu Zalman, but after hearing about the praises of the SP94, I am wondering if the price difference is worth it?
 
the ALCU will give you about 1-2C higher temps

its like 300grams lighter though which is good becasue its already above the intel spe'd wieght. id go with the ALCU, i just bought one and its on the way. itll give you really similar temps and be a helluva lot lighter
 
You will be very satisfied with the Zalman 7000alcu version. Handles my overclocked P4 with ease.
 
Check your temps If at 3ghz temps are not rising this may not be the instable factor. Maybe your chip as hit a wall.
 
Back
Top