Which Cooler for E6300 ?

I get 3.5 Gig with a Zalman CNPS9500 Air cooler. (http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=145591)
Your selection seems to be a year old technology. I would think the newer coolers might be more efficient, but I haven't found any comparisons. Bottom line, I think most after market coolers should get you where you want to go.

Thanks for the reply. My selection is a year old? lol. The motherboard just came out, the processor isn't even 6 months out on the market and 8800 GTX. The Ram, I don't know.

ReTiCuLeX said:
Thanks for the reply. My selection is a year old? lol. The motherboard just came out, the processor isn't even 6 months out on the market and 8800 GTX. The Ram, I don't know.

He's probably talking about the cooler you chose.

Im using an Si-128, lowered temps 10C, doing 3Ghz at stock voltage.

Gonna fool around with it on the weekend.

Are you on a budget? If you are, look into the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro or the Scythe Ninja for a little more. If not, you may as well go for the best and get a Tuniq Tower.

My old rig has those Asetek VapoChill micro (silent version), it's really really very cool WHEN it's idle.

BUT,

Really heats up easily when loaded because, those fins are SUPER THIN (paper thin almost) like those wraps for Juicy Fruit, you can practically pull the fins out as they are just being inserted. It's hard to explain.

AND,

The fans are noisy.........................

ALTHOUGH,

Cools off really fast after being heavily loaded.

SO,

If you are going budget I do suggest going with the Arctic Cooling AND I did love my ZALMAN 9700 though

The old rig had: 2GB RAM (noname), P4HT 540, an MSI mobo (OEM)... very traditional, I hate it.

Back