• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

which cooler for AIW x800xt

That's what I was thinking but I read somewhere that those had to modded a bit to fit the AIW x800xt. I don't know. I'm not particular to any VGA cooler. I just want a good one that cools well and is quiet . . .
 
I have the ATI Silencer 1 rev. 2 on my x800XT AIW and I love it. Its super quiet, and keeps the card nice and cool. I didn't have to modify it to fit it on to the card, other than the power connector which I had to splice in a molex to connect it directly to my PSU.
 
nevamore said:
That's what I was thinking but I read somewhere that those had to modded a bit to fit the AIW x800xt. I don't know. I'm not particular to any VGA cooler. I just want a good one that cools well and is quiet . . .
ok, sounds like you know whats up :). I don't have experience with either (only the NV AC3 for my old fx5900) and poster above says your good to go with the AC1 rev.2. Their is always zalman's vf700 cooler too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118117
 
I have not received the card so I am not sure how the memory chips are configured. Would the card need RAM sinks with AC installed? If so, which ones would you recommend??
 
I finally got the card in Wednesday and installed the Arctic Cooler on it without ever running the card with stock cooler. It performed flawlesly in a couple hours of CoD2. However, I didn't see any method of monitoring the fan speed and temperatures? Is this a 3rd party program required to monitor fanspeed and temp?
 
nevamore said:
I finally got the card in Wednesday and installed the Arctic Cooler on it without ever running the card with stock cooler. It performed flawlesly in a couple hours of CoD2. However, I didn't see any method of monitoring the fan speed and temperatures? Is this a 3rd party program required to monitor fanspeed and temp?

You can't monitor fan speed because the AIW X800XT uses a two pin fan connector; this means power and ground, with no signal wire. However, you can use a utility like ATi Tray Tools for temp monitoring, and to create custom profiles controlling at what speed the fan spins based on temperature,

I also have the BBA X800XT AIW, and although I use the Zalman HSF, I can monitor temps and create all kinds of custom profiles using ATi Tray Tools.
 
Back
Top