• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which coding convention do you use?

cyberjoe

n00b
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
13
Hi to all!

I would like to ask you which coding convention do you use?

Regards,
 
What do you mean by convention? Do you mean the style I use (indents/tabs, brace locations, naming)?
 
For what language, cyberjoe?

I've been coding a long time. I have a style that I use and prefer, and I've written and contributed to standards on at least half a dozen code bases; not to mention for customers. But I'm professional and experienced enough to fit in with whatever standard my team, clients, or coworkers are using. It's rarely worth arguing about, but I've seen teams spend weeks on that kind of foolishness.
 
For C like languages:
When working with existing code I try and use the style that is already being used. When writing from scratch I use something very close to K&R.
 
i like BSD style myself, makes it easier for me to follow my curly braces and code blocks.
 
Back
Top