Which Catalyst has best OpenGl

OldMX

2[H]4U
3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, etc etc..

Please let me know experienced ATI users, i´m kinda newbish with my 9800 and wanna mix some drivers.

OldMX

With a 9800pro it really doesn't matter... you will get exceptional FPS with any Cat... more then you would ever need.

I personally just update to the newest ones once available just to make sure I get all the bugs out ;)

Personally , I like the Omega 3.7's. Though I've heard that the 3.8's or 3.9's are so far the best for OpenGL. If I had to offer a good driver set , I'd say the 3.7's. Never ran into a problem with them and I seem to run into numerous problems with all the other sets :confused:

Wait- Catalyst 4.6 will be out today or tomorrow. It is rumored to possibly have an updated OpenGL driver.

It's been a downhill battle with ati's ogl performance since cat 2.2 :p. Just use whichever, like magus said, they're all pretty good now and bugs should be your biggest issue.

Which opengl game are you needing more performance from? My 9800pro slaughters all of the current ogl games right now. Now Doom3 may be a different beast.

One OpenGL game were i was experianceing erratic performace was Kotor, In some areas it was great, it others it was a slideshow. Since installing the 4.6 Drivers its smooth as butter. ALL the Time

OldMX said:
3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, etc etc..

Please let me know experienced ATI users, i´m kinda newbish with my 9800 and wanna mix some drivers.

OldMX

What kind of OpenGL games will you be playing?

Back