• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which case would be best for me?

TicTac

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
210
Hi all, I hope this question is ok. .

I currently have a crummy 'Delux' case that is a little small, and not what I want.

Before I upgrade the rest of my system I am looking for a better quieter case. These are my requirements;

I will not need to move the case around so weight is not a problem.
I have plenty of space, so the bigger the better - I would prefer it more roomy inside.
As Quiet is possible, as I am aiming for a near silent computer.
No PSU included, (so I can go for the Seasonic S12-500)
Windowed
Not over £80 (about $150)
I don't mind no fans being included as I want to buy my own. . .probably LED lit ones.

So what case sounds the best for me?
Thanks
 
Most of those aren't windowed though, and I would really like a window. . .

I don't think I would be skilled enough to put one in myself. . .

Im strongly moving to the P160 (w), I won 't be doing any case modding though, and would probably substitue the case fans for quieter ones. . . .

Does that sound alright?
 
I recommend the Antec P180, even though it's a little cramped due to its "PSU-on-bottom" design and doesn't have a window.

Windows aren't exactly good for sound insulation though... I haven't heard of an especially quiet, windowed case yet. Also, keep in mind that LED fans are usually noisier than their non-LED counterparts due to the material used in the fan blades. Usually, it's a trade-off between silence and "bling" (windows, LED fans).
 
Back
Top