Which case should I get for my gaming pc?

no no no those cases just suck get something large, they have better airflow and u can mount internal water cooling

i built a pc for my brother last year using that bronze case. The airflow is ok, his is loud but i used just some plain old thermaltake 80mm fans on highspeed. It looks real sharp with black components in it.

My personal opinion is to go with the lanboy, its light, got a window, has 120mm fan inlet/outlet and cheap. You will need to supply a psu however.

LKS

Well I liked the prices and they looked ok. But from the reviews I guesss there not good for a gaming pc. I thought 2 X120mm fans would be able to cool my system.

Those cases will do fine, I would go for the second one, more HDD.
As far as a "Gaming", how would these cases NOT be good for holding computer parts together?

IMO I like the 2nd one better, and the airflow should be fine unless your fans are clogged up and/or you have a fan pushing 10 CFM

synergy321 said:
Noob cases Volume 2
way to contribute sir :rolleyes:

second one definitley

my bro had one of those cases, its perfect. i'm not sure if there is anything like a "gaming case", as all cases should have adequate air flow and such.

but as for the case, its totally mod-able, the plastic front might be a tad hard to deal with, but it looks good all the same. oh and did i mention it looks really really good painted? you know, one of those glossy finishes?

if i had the money i would get one of those

So both of these will be able to cool high end parts? People all say get the gray one but I like black better. Is the black one bad I will only use 2 hard drives at the most but for now Im only using one. Is the gray one alot better than the black one?

I like that first case, reminds me of the sonata..., plus it has great review...

i would go for coolermaster

i had a shuttle system for about 5 months, and i just moved back into my old friend the coolermaster atc-710 that was sitting vacant in my closet. it is by far the best case i have owned, it has tons of room, nice solid construction, a good aftermarket (since it is built off the same chasis as the chieftec/antec "old alienware" cases) and it just looks sexy all the way around.

coolermaster > all other cases on the market

compslckr
2[H]4U

heh thats the settings page for a linksys router ^____^
god i hate those things i would have to reset them like every other day

I would suggest a Thermaltake Tsunami. Its one of the best looking cases out there and the tooless features it has are better then what the Cooler Master Wavemaster has to offer.

I working with my second black Tsunami now and there is very little to be said negatively about this case. Its very light which makes it excellent for a LAN, the finish on the case is very well done and it has good airflow with 2x 120mm and 1x 92mm fan.

I only wish that there was more room to install the power supply, that the HDD cage faced outwards, and the USB / Firewire ports were setup on the front or side of the case instead of the top which just gets in the way of installing the PSU. I uninstalled the top ports and just left the little black door on top so i would have more room.

SLK3700-BQE. It is the improved version of the other case, with better cooling and 120mm fans.

I built a comp with that case for an uncle of my brother gf. anyways i think the plastic is cheap and started me thinking that antec is overrated. just my opinion, but i would go with coolermaster or silverstone if i had money.

I hate these cases they are so ugly for a Gaming Rig u cant putt no LED in them or nothing EWWWWWWWWW.

Tsunami is pretty sweet, I would have got one personally but I didnt like how the window was designed at all. Beyond that look at CM Wavemaster / Cavalier for some clean cases with some curves and front bevels. For a more basic case if u want something really nice look silverstone of lian li. Or the CM Pretorian ;)

I like the first one (black) it keeps things very cool, and is almost silent. Only kinda bad thing about it, is that it's kinda heavy, so it isn't as easy to move around as a lan boy.

I like the look of the black case better, but the hd bracket of the gray case better. You may want to look at a larger psu depending on how high-end you make the system, or just look for a different case w/o the power supply and buy your own.

Booby McNipples said:
I have this case and I really like it, HOWEVER, after about a year the PS died and took out my hard drive so be careful.

Thats all generic power supplies are good for. The power supply is the most important component in the system because its the ONLY component that can fry any number of components. If nothing else it will cut down on the longetivity of the devices by not supplying stable voltages.

kuyaglen said:
Those cases will do fine, I would go for the second one, more HDD.
As far as a "Gaming", how would these cases NOT be good for holding computer parts together?

Especially since they are steel and do not flex. Also their size makes them lightweight and thier internal arrangement is pretty good.

#1 - all black matches components better (including monitors and keyboards/mice), has better cooling, and the hard drive mounts are easier to install and allow you to route cables away to improve airflow.

Don't let !!!!!!s discourage you, these Antec cases are not "noob" cases, they are the quietest, best-cooled, and most solidly constructed cases you can buy for under $80 with a reliable power supply. You can't go wrong with them.

However as was mentioned, depending on your system and your goals you may need a stronger power supply.

burningrave101 said:
Thats all generic power supplies are good for. The power supply is the most important component in the system because its the ONLY component that can fry any number of components. If nothing else it will cut down on the longetivity of the devices by not supplying stable voltages.

Antec power supplies are NOT generic.

If you want a gaming PC, id go with a Cheiftec Dragon.

49$ at xoxide.com

4 x 80mm fans, LOTS of room, LOTs of airflow, and a cheap price.

Booby McNipples said:
I have this case and I really like it, HOWEVER, after about a year the PS died and took out my hard drive so be careful.

So far so good with a system I built for my little brother using one of these cases. 2.8Ghz P4, ti4600, etc... I think its about 2 years old now.

burningrave101 said:

How true. I learned my lesson the hard way! Fortunately my system is only for gaming and I didn't lose any valuable data, only money!

I have heard that the front door on the case is cheap and someone wrote a reveiw that when closed it rattles. Is this true?

Back