Which case? And how many fans?

Meng-Chieh

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
65
CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz w/ 800 MHz FSB + 512K Cache
Motherboard: Asus P4P800 Deluxe
RAM: 2 x Crucial DDR400 512MB
HD: Western Digital 80GB @7200 rpm + 8MB Cache
Videocard: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder
Soundcard: onboard
Lan: onboard

So with this setup, just how many fans do I need? (The temp around where I live never goes above 30, and that is rare too, mostly it's around 20 or below 10 celcius in winter...summer is only 2 months long...)

Also, the cases that I'm currently looking at is a Thermaltake Xaser II A6000 w/ 7 fans + 465 watt...but I'm short on budget...any suggestions for an alternative?

Thnx a lot ppl!
 
I love my Sonata. Great airflow with just a 120mm exhaust fan. Also check out the SLK 3700 AMB or SLK 3700 BQE (all Antec)
 
If it is a name brand powersupply then you should not have a problem with 350wat.
 
It's an Antec PSU. They're known for conservative ratings (meaning they really are 350 watts, unlike some other manufacturer's)(Zalman, Enermax, PC Power, Fortron etc excluded).
 
My antec sonata came with a 380watt truepower, or is it just a smokescreen
 
I've actually switched to a slightly cheaper case - Antec Lanboy: 17" ATX Tower w/ SmartBlue 350W Power

I keep hearing that TruePower from Antec is good - is SmarBlue also ok since it's from Antec as well?
 
this has gone from case and fans to power supplys. I have an allied 450 that has never done me wrong and i have simmilar stats as you (but much more lights and fans) The main thing when it comes to fans is just airflow. you can have 2 fans and if it forms a good enough "windtunnel" then it can do better than 12 fans. you just dont want any stagnant air in your case. And if you find that the case you have picked doesnt have the desired airflow then you can always mod a few more fans in it.

JEEVES
 
Back
Top