• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which card?

HA><OR

n00b
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
15
Hey guys christmas is coming and I want to give my son an upgrade card he"s running an i7 based system and a 480 ,should I go for the 660Ti or a 580 I can get new for a great price.Any help is appreciated.
 
660Ti is more powerful than the 580. But for the price of a 660Ti (or less), you can get the HD 7950 that outperforms the 660Ti in most things.
 
drivers arent a problem in single card setups. The issues come in xfire and eyefinity.
 
With the recent huge driver improvements, I would go with a 7950. Its cheaper and faster then a 660ti, and 670 GTX.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/

Plus you will get Farcry 3, Sleeping dogs, and the new Hitman game, and 20% off the new Medal of Honor.

I dunno about you, but thats alot of games for free!! Let alone a good 10-15% boost in games with the new drivers
 
Back
Top