• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which card?

Synomenon

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 10, 2007
Messages
7,662
I'm using a SilverStone SG05 case and am looking to upgrade from my GTS250.

The board I'm using is a Zotac GF9300-G-E mITX. I need to be able to continue using the onboard GPU (a GeForce 9300).

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. x64.

These are the two cards I'm looking at:

HIS HD5770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161317

GalaxyTech GTX260+ Razor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162045


I'm limited to these because I need that second PCI slot bracket in my SG05 for a USB bracket (four ports to USB Headers). With the HD5770, I believe I'd still be w/in the SG05's included PSU's load limit. With the GTX260, I'd have to upgrade to SilverStone's 450W SFX PSU for the SG05/SG06 and I'd have to cut out a little bit of the case for the card to fit.

Right now, the HD5770 is the front-runner, BUT:

Can both ATI CCC and Nvidia Forceware be installed and used simultaneously in Windows 7 (so I can run the onboard 9300 GPU AND the HD5770 simultaneously)?

Looking at the head-on pictures at Newegg it looks like this HD5770 might actually be three slots thick while the GTX260 takes just one slot. More than two slots thick and it won't fit in the SG05.

So, anyone have any thoughts, recommendations?
 
Back
Top