• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which card to use for Linux Steam?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
4,916
Hi. I'm trying to decide whether not to use my AMD HD4850 1GB card or my Nvidia 7300GT 256GB card for Linux Steam. I want to use whatever is the most supported and the most stable. I have no idea which would be more appropriate to use. Thanks alot!
 
AMD HD4850 1GB - Better driver support, better performance and more VRAM.
 
Agreed with the HD-4850. That 7300GT couldn't hope to run any of the more cutting-edge titles anyways, even on Linux.
 
Agreed with the HD-4850. That 7300GT couldn't hope to run any of the more cutting-edge titles anyways, even on Linux.

Well i'm only playing Half-Life 1 so I really don't need a super fast card.

So far it's running good with the HD4850 so i'll leave it be for now.
 
Back
Top