Which card can handle 2x Dell 3007WFP?

aznstyl

Weaksauce
I'm in the market for 2x Dell 3007WFP. Now as I understand, the 3007WFP require a card with Dual Link (not Dual DVI) for it to operate at native resolution. I was wondering what Vid card can support 2x Dell 3007WFP at it native resolution? I will mainly be using it for gaming: WOW and other minor games such as guild wars CS, and CS:2. I've been out of the Video card category for awhile so I've little knowdledge about it. I'm leaning toward Nvidia card only for now. As for price, it is not a concern at this time.

Any info or inputs are appreciated.
Thank you.

Holy crap, 2- 3007's for gaming!!! If price is no object wait until the 8th and your question will be answered.

And I was thought I was overdoing it with a 2405 and 3007. ;)

7950gx2, 7950gt (dunno much about ati cuz i dont own em) :) 7950gx2 = runs all my games nicely (look in sig) :)

alot of videocards are coming with dual-dual link ;)

wickedld9 said:
wait until the 8th
To clarify for the OP: nVidia's next video card generation will be released on November 8th with two models, the 8800GTX and 8800GTS. They will be expensive and will use a significant amount of power. Given your PSU, you won't be able to go SLi.

If you simply must have your videocard now, the 7950GX2 is nVidia's current top-of-the-line. I would recommend waiting for the new cards.

you seem to have too much money. you should probably give some to me.

Nvidias best card is the 7950gx2. But since its a dual gpu card you will have to turn sli on when gaming and only be able to use 1 monitor, and turn sli off after gaming to be able to use both monitors.

Arcygenical "will you be gaming on BOTH or just one?"
What do u mean gaming on both? u mean both monitor? I didn't know it possible.

Kaldskryke "To clarify for the OP: nVidia's next video card generation will be released on November 8th with two models, the 8800GTX and 8800GTS. They will be expensive and will use a significant amount of power. Given your PSU, you won't be able to go SLi."

I haven't done SLI and dont plan to go SLI. I was just wondering, when the new 8800GTX/8800GTS (which is better? I assume the gtx) can handle 2x 3007wfp while I play WOW, Guild Wars, CS and CS2? If it can't then I might have to go SLI but I haven't done SLI and I don't think my mobo is SLI capable. But wouldn't I need a new mobo and a psu if I plan to go SLI?

aznstyl said:
Arcygenical "will you be gaming on BOTH or just one?"
What do u mean gaming on both? u mean both monitor? I didn't know it possible.

Kaldskryke "To clarify for the OP: nVidia's next video card generation will be released on November 8th with two models, the 8800GTX and 8800GTS. They will be expensive and will use a significant amount of power. Given your PSU, you won't be able to go SLi."

I haven't done SLI and dont plan to go SLI. I was just wondering, when the new 8800GTX/8800GTS (which is better? I assume the gtx) can handle 2x 3007wfp while I play WOW, Guild Wars, CS and CS2? If it can't then I might have to go SLI but I haven't done SLI and I don't think my mobo is SLI capable. But wouldn't I need a new mobo and a psu if I plan to go SLI?

yes one 8800gtx/8800gts/7950gx2 will be fine to support dual screens.

thanks jasonx82, i guess I'll be waiting for the new gen vid. On the other hand if any of u guy plan to get the 3007wfp, it is onsale now at Dell home for $1,279.

aznstyl said:
thanks jasonx82, i guess I'll be waiting for the new gen vid. On the other hand if any of u guy plan to get the 3007wfp, it is onsale now at Dell home for $1,279.

Jebus, is a 30" screen really that great? Let alone TWO? :rolleyes:

It is all down to personal preferences, to me 2x 30 is supert. Think of all the thing u can do with it. :)

get one of those new mother boards with 3 pci-e slots and run 3x 8800gtx

that would be cool

MKm56 said:
beamers aren't such a bad deal...

Little compact cars that cost over 40k... Mid sized cost over 60k... Sure it's not a bad deal but you can get something new that is more faster or plush with 40k... If you have to have the name and make yourself feel like somebody... Sure it's a great car... Not as reliable as toyota but good...

fear7950 said:
get one of those new mother boards with 3 pci-e slots and run 3x 8800gtx

that would be cool

hmm now that's new to me... i've never heard of a mobo that have 3 pci-e slots. I've gotta look this up. It would rock my game world if its true. :)

aznstyl said:
hmm now that's new to me... i've never heard of a mobo that have 3 pci-e slots. I've gotta look this up. It would rock my game world if its true. :)

SLi or Crossfire + a 3rd card for physics rendering

Matrox offers a unit called Head2Go that would enable him to run sli/crossfire on those two. Now im not sure if Head2Go allows that resolution is another matter. But it should work.

mashie said:
2 x 3007 = one sore neck from constant twisting around. Do you realize how big these screens are? We are talking about a 5120x1600 desktop stretching 60".

If you intend to game on both screens at the same time forget about Crossfire, SLI or SLI on a sandwich (7950gx2). They will only let you use a single video output per system when active. So to drive the screens you will need two cards in standalone mode, however to play games at 2560x1600 on a single card isn't fun unless it's either an old game or you like slideshows.
wouldn't it be a 5120 x 3200 ? I would wait til the 8800 GTX. But may i ask, i mean you already have a 37w3, why would you need a monitor thats 7" smaller?

how the hell do you play a game with a 1" gap running right down the middle?

how the hell do you even fill up that much screen real estate is beyond me.(unless you're doing CAD/PS, NOT gaming)

Marvelous said:
Little compact cars that cost over 40k... Mid sized cost over 60k... Sure it's not a bad deal but you can get something new that is more faster or plush with 40k... If you have to have the name and make yourself feel like somebody... Sure it's a great car... Not as reliable as toyota but good...

Oh yeah because Toyotas look good, drive great, are fast and are prestigious. Toyotas are terrible POSs for old people. They are ugly, most of them are slow(except for the new magical camry and IS350) and handle like garbage.

If you want to get a car for 40k, BMW nor Toyota is the answer to me. However i would have a Lexus over a BMW.

I'd rather have an xB than a beamer any day. Infact, I could grab a few of em instead of 1 beamer. My own private xB fleet.
Or I could get a stretch xB from Cali for about 40grand and rent it out during prom time and make loads of money.

As far as needing a card that can power 2x 3007, If you're not using the 2nd screen for gaming, then what are you doing with it? I'll gladly take it off your hands for next to nothing (my 19" CRT just literally EXPLODED after my brother puked into the back of it...quite a funny story actually)

Endurancevm said:
Oh yeah because Toyotas look good, drive great, are fast and are prestigious. Toyotas are terrible POSs for old people. They are ugly, most of them are slow(except for the new magical camry and IS350) and handle like garbage.

If you want to get a car for 40k, BMW nor Toyota is the answer to me. However i would have a Lexus over a BMW.

I was talking about toyota reliability... Not talking about if it's fast nor if it looked pretty like your face... :D And for your info Lexus is luxury brand of Toyota... :rolleyes:

VulturEMaN said:
I'd rather have an xB than a beamer any day. Infact, I could grab a few of em instead of 1 beamer. My own private xB fleet.
Or I could get a stretch xB from Cali for about 40grand and rent it out during prom time and make loads of money.

LOL :D

VulturEMaN said:

As far as needing a card that can power 2x 3007, If you're not using the 2nd screen for gaming, then what are you doing with it? I'll gladly take it off your hands for next to nothing (my 19" CRT just literally EXPLODED after my brother puked into the back of it...quite a funny story actually)
wtf xb's are the ugliest cars ever.

Martyr said:
you seem to have too much money. you should probably give some to me.
best response so far :D

and as for the OP: with dual 3007's, you're not going to be able to game with both.

Marvelous said:
I was talking about toyota reliability... Not talking about if it's fast nor if it looked pretty like your face... :D And for your info Lexus is luxury brand of Toyota... :rolleyes:

Dude, i know Lexus is luxury toyota. I also know that all Toyotas platform are based off the Camry if you didnt know that.

At this time, no video card can run two 30" monitors at once in games. At this time, single cards have a a hard enough time with one 30" monitor in games at that resolution and if you enable SLi, you won't be able to drive both monitors at the same time. Crossfire and SLi do not support such a feature at this time.

Plus as someone else mentioned, a black bar (the edge of the LCD housing) would be present in the center of your view, and your crosshairs or aimpoint would be split around the bar. Not optimal at all. You'd really need three to get the job done right, but for technical reasons, it isn't going to happen with consumer level graphics cards.

hi all and thanks goes to those who post in this thread. Let me straighten one thing out. I want a card that can handle 2x 3007wfp, not to play game on both monitor. To my knowdledge u can't and as stated above by others. What I mean is that I want to be able to play, let say WOW, in one monitor while I'll be surfing the net or watching movie on the next monitor. As stated by many that the new nvidia vid card can and will handle what i'm looking for. So i'm hoping it is true and I will be waiting for the G80 series to come out.

Sorry for any misleading or mistype, English is my 2ndary. :)

Cheers and have a happy weekend.

aznstyl said:
hi all and thanks goes to those who post in this thread. Let me straighten one thing out. I want a card that can handle 2x 3007wfp, not to play game on both monitor. To my knowdledge u can't and as stated above by others. What I mean is that I want to be able to play, let say WOW, in one monitor while I'll be surfing the net or watching movie on the next monitor. As stated by many that the new nvidia vid card can and will handle what i'm looking for. So i'm hoping it is true and I will be waiting for the G80 series to come out.

Sorry for any misleading or mistype, English is my 2ndary. :)

Cheers and have a happy weekend.

The 7950GX2 will provide the most powerful platform to do what you want right now. The G80 of course isn't that far away, and hopefully its a hard launch and you'll be able to buy the cards right away.

Other good higher end choices (right now anyway)

X1950XTX
X1900XTX
X1900XT
X1800XT

7900GTX
7950GT
7900GTO
7900GT

Endurancevm said:
Dude, i know Lexus is luxury toyota. I also know that all Toyotas platform are based off the Camry if you didnt know that.

what you mean by that? platform like the chassis? :confused:

mashie said:
Head2Go and TripleHead2Go are analog and the 3007 is DVI only. In another thread I calculated that the max resolution for the TripleHead2Go would be 3840x1024 (three 1280x1024 screens) unless you wanted to drop far below 60Hz ;)

Just because you add a second display doesn't mean you get a final resolution that is twice the height AND twice the width... for 5120 x 3200 you will need four Dell 30" screens.

I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding the 7" smaller monitor. :confused: :confused:

I do have a single 30" Dell and don't see any reason at all to get a second myself. It's enough that you have to sit further back than normal as it is with one screen. With two you have to sit even further back...
Well he already has a 37w33, and the Dell 3007 is 7" smaller, and yeah thx for the correction,

Even a 7900 GS can handle dual 3007s and do some high end gaming.

And I'm not just saying that because I've played F.E.A.R. on a dual 3007wfp setup...
No wait, I am. :p

That one card powered both screens at native resolution, and so anything at or above its level should be fine.

Edit: As stated previously, only one screen is active while gaming.

aznstyl said:
RICH S.O.B. LOL

While doing a warranty replacement on my first 3007, I ran both 3007s for a couple days off a single X1900XTX. Worked like a charm in both extended desktop and clone modes.

Back