• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which brand for the 4870?

shaden79

n00b
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
50
i know this has probably already been posted but i was wondering what the best brands for ati cards were. i was considering a gtx 260 but after seeing the reviews for the 4870 I think i will be switching to ati. furthermore, are there any ati brands that offer something similar to evga's 90 day step up program?
 
I personally love the HIS Digital cards for ATI. Their aftermarket cooler the "Ice-Q 3" has some serious OC'ing capabilities usually. Plus they look pretty nice too.
 
At this moment I'm going with anything that says that it is in stock. But I'm hoping I get either Sapphire or VisionTek.
 
I dont believe any of Ati's partners offer 90 day step up like Evga. I have use Visiontek and Sapphire before. Sapphire has been less trustworthy lately, but Visiontek still remains one for best brands for Ati cards.
 
Visiontek from what I heard is the only ATI partner that has a lifetime warranty. If they are all the same spec thats the deal breaker. Plus that Sapphire one has that lame Lara Croft knock off graphic on the cooler. :)
 
I went with visiontek. Last visiontek card i bought was a ti4200. I had no problems with it. :)
 
Back
Top