Which brand and why?

theseeker

2[H]4U
It appears that I have sold my two 7800 GTX's and so now I have to decide on which brand of 7900 GTX's to buy. My last four VC's have been ASUS, but their cards are typically not refrence and I H2O cool. So, my question is this; which brands have you had experience with and please list your pros and cons. I am mainly interested in EVGA, BFG or XFX, thanks in advance.

eVGA simple as that best warrently out there. Then XFX double Life time warrently. Then BFG cause alot of people having problems with them. But any one the Big 3 is a winner. :p

He of Hammerfell is basically correct. I got an XFX and I haven't had any problems with it, but I do plan to go eVGA next time because of the step-up program AND their "third party HSF? Just put the original back on before you send it to us" thingy. :)

If you are going to water cool go eVGA so you still have a warrenty. But otherwise my XFX works just fine.

I would say go for eVGA. Excellent customer support, lifetime warranty, plus it warranties for HSF changes (i.e. water cooling)

Also why get two GTXs when you can get two GTs and overclock them to GTX speeds? And saving about $350 in the process . . .

The_Dark_Abyss said:
I would say go for eVGA. Excellent customer support, lifetime warranty, plus it warranties for HSF changes (i.e. water cooling)

Also why get two GTXs when you can get two GTs and overclock them to GTX speeds? And saving about $350 in the process . . .
Or you can get two GTX's and OC them PAST GTX speeds ;)

The_Dark_Abyss said:

Point taken, and a good point as well.

BFG

They never had the first batch issues that plagued XFX and eVGA.

bLaCktIGErs91 said:
Or you can get two GTX's and OC them PAST GTX speeds ;)

Well actually I don't think there is much difference in terms of overclockability between the two cards once you are using the same core voltage (1.4v)

Mine for instance went above GTX speeds (700/1822) with 1.4v on the core on air. I would assume you could go higher with good watercooling.

hmm, well i have been using a Gigabyte 6600GT and it has been nothing more then great, great software package and awesome overclocking, i got it to 600/1295 stable :) .

But Gainward is also sweet, love those cards especially those golden sample one.

I have had exceptioonal good luck with Evga, and, the time my luck ran out I had NO problems with my RMA. They have a good product, support, and service. It seems there are also fewer people complaining on the forums about how things went with an RMA from them.

I also like eVGA. Now granted I've never had to RMA a graphics card before (all deaths have been my fault lol) so I can't speak of their customer service, but their warranty is wonderful.

BFG and XFX offer lifetime warranty, but if you replace the cooling your warranty is void. eVGA doesn't care, if you replace the cooling your warranty is still good. Since you're going to watercool, definetely go eVGA so you can keep your warranty and step-up.

Well.....I have two 7800GTX BFGs, and have had BFG products since there was a BFG. Ive never had a failure on a card,ever. They were always modestly overclocked. Ive called support about questions for SLI profiles and such; never waited on the phone and the guys on the phone were always very patient and kind. Offered lots of good advice and spoke English. Lifetime warranty.
I just recently bought an eVGA 6600 GT.....no problems. Great little card.
I bought a 7300GS for my Dads comp. Arrived with a dead DVI port. emailed eVGA and took care of the RMA by email despite buying the card from newegg. i was able to cross-ship, the new card arrived in a retail package and had the return UPS shipping label included,prepaid. Beautiful service, no doubt. They have 2 year warranties and lifetime warranties, plus the step-up program, which is unbeatable.

Bottom line, you cant go wrong with either. eVGA tends to offer more variety of OC cards than BFG plus they have those cool looking coolers.

eVGA = lifetime warrenty, allows aftermarket cooling w/out voiding warrenty, step-up program...cant get much better than that.

Ditto on EVGA, and btw a TON of people got BFG 7900's with capacitors broken off the pcb rolling around loose in the box.

Back