• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which benchmarks to use?

HardyOne

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
179
I would like to compare my old machine with my new one. I saw an article by PC World in which they use Worldbench 5. Does anybody besides them use that? They are selling it for about $200. There used to be a program a few years ago called SiSoft or Sandra or something like that. Is that still being used or what is the current favorite?
 
I like PCMark which is made by futuremark who does the 3dmark benchmark series.
 
I sorta use 3dmark05 but don't really care about the results...

Generally I use Doom3 timedemos as another tool since I play a lot of FPS. Although I noticed that a slight increase in 3dmark or Doom benching = huge gain in AoE3 (very noticeable, seems more CPU dependant than GPU (obviously lol))
 
Back
Top