Which backlit keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Randominal, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Randominal

Randominal Limp Gawd

So i would like to buy a new keyboard, preferably backlit and not too gamey as in i want to type on it but a couple of extra gaming keys would be nice but by by no means necescary. Also i dont really want to pay more than around £40. So what do you recomend?

2. CompuDrew

CompuDrew [H]ardForum Junkie

I like my Saitek Eclipse II. You can find it on Amazon for a pretty good price. I know you'll need to go to the European Amazon, but I imagine they'll have a similar deal.

3. noxlord

noxlord Limp Gawd

Don't go for the Microsoft Reclusa, it's a piece of crap.

4. Randominal

Randominal Limp Gawd

im glad you said that as thaty was what i sort of had my eye on. So what alternative would you suggest?

5. MrRoper

MrRoper [H]Lite

I own a razer lycosa gaming keyboard and for the most part i like it. you can at least add that one to the ones your checkin out. good action/response, backlighting on mine seems inconsistent across the entire keyboard but it may be that mine is defective. I like the rubbery coating on the keyboard, low profile keys and its got a regluar keyboard layout which is why i bought this.
    GL

6. Zefram0911

Zefram0911 [H]ard|Gawd

I just upgraded my G15 version 1 with the version 2.. for $55 American. I love it.

7. Voltron

Voltron Limp Gawd

How do you keystrokes feel on the Eclipse? I've heard reviews that say alot of keys have a different feeling stroke to them. I have a gen 1 Eclipse and really like it but the lettering is starting to wear off.

8. Randominal

Randominal Limp Gawd

thanks for the tip on the lycosa, it looks great but is a bit costly so its time to save up i guess

9. Version_3

Version_3 2[H]4U

the keys are a little more bunched on the Eclipse II than say a tarantula. The backlighting is shoddy too - At least on my kb, the backlight is hard to see through the keys, and the lighting isn't evenly distributed.

I have my eye on the Lycosa, but I'm holding out to see if anything better as far as gaming comes out.

10. squares

squares Limp Gawd

I agree with the backlight thing on the eclipse, and now that the g15 is 50$ AR I kinda want it but oh well.