• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

which Back-UPS do I need?

KeymaN

Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
672
I am looking for two back-ups for two of my systems
I m just looking for something that I have roughly 10-15min of time so I can shut off my systems properly when power outage occurs ( which happened twice in 7days... )
Since each of the two systems located in different locations, I would need 2 back-ups
I m just gonna list the main components of the systems which uses the most power or I want to prevent them from being damage
First system is a PC:
i7-970, 6950 2GB, U22+P22+U22
( pretty much the POS build in my sig, but my sig is not up to date nor complete )
Second system is a Mac:
Mac Mini 2011 2.5GHz, U27

would a APC Back-UPS Pro BR700G or BR1000G be enough???

Thanks
Key
 
Oh wow the i7 need a 1300VA one!?
thank god the mac doesnt require a lot and the 700VA would do it hahah
 
Well you are asking for 10-15 minutes of run time.
I've got a BR1200 on my setup, and that model is discontinued and replaced with the one one I linked above.
 
Oh I see... well thanks for the help!
I will go shop around tomorrow and see what are the pricing on these little guys tomorrow
I need at least one for now for the mac workstation and beside i need a extension/powerbar for that set up
 
Back
Top