Which Arctic Cooler to use?

The Accelero is better, however it doesn't exhaust the hot air out of the case. Basically, you have to decide between having higher case temps and lower video card temps, or lower case temps but higher video card temps.

i have an accelero, and it does a very good job keeping the temps of the gpu low and the noise level extremely low. The only issue is the pocket of hot air under the video card. It seems to just recirculate hot air, releasing it into the motherboard, then the area under the card builds up this air pocket. So essentially it seems that it just reuses this hotter air. I have not noticed that this gives any noticable loss in performance of the cooler, but it is certainly there. Overall i get about 47 C idle according to ati catalyst and up to probably 65(cant confirm this) load without any noise gains. This is with a ati radeon x1900xtx

NV Silencer series FTW. They cool very well and are rather inexpensive. I wish they h ad one for the 7600GT though :(

NV silencer series, as they're just damn cheap. They also exhaust the air, which is a nice bonus. I'm using one on my Powermac G5 and it lowered my case ambient temps by about 4'c... and the GPU temp by almost 30c.

Exactly. I haven't been able to see a significant rise while under load and it stays really cool at idle. OCed my 6800 GS SuperClock to 560 Mhz and 1.16 Ghz and still same temp.

Back