Which antivirus for 64 bit vista?(not 32bit compatible)

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Are there any native true 64bit anti virus programs out yet other than nod?

AVG (not the free version) has 64bit support according to their site. I'd be interested if knowing if there is a free 64bit virus scan available though.

I just wish my officescan server would support vista...right now though there is no vista support period...have to upgrade to the new 7.8beta :(

Yes they support it, but that doesnt mean they are 64bit software, It just means they may be running compatible with a 64bit OS(like avg does)

So if it's compatible with 64bit what's the problem? What exactly do you mean by "native" 64bit?

As far as I understand it you don't write most code specifically for 32bit or 64bit. It just depends on what platform it was compiled. And in that case there would be no such thing as "native" mode or "compatibility" mode.

So if it's compatible with 64bit what's the problem? What exactly do you mean by "native" 64bit?
Especially at this point in the game...if it works...go with it. Who cares if it works in 32 bit or not, if you are running Vista 64. If it works in VIsta 64, that's all that matters. It's not going to scan faster or anything like that.

From their website: "The new avast! uses native 64-bit drivers, delivering the same level of protection as in the 32-bit Windows environments."

I use NOD32. Works fine...If you're wondering about mem usage, it uses a little over 7MB for the Kernel service and a little over 1MB for the control center.

I dunno how much Avast uses though. Someone should try.

I don't have Vista yet but I have used AVG for a long time both on my home system and on the 4 systems I take care of for the office network. Never had a problem with AVG, uses very low system resources, great overall. When gaming at home I don't have to bother disabling it since I don't notice any drop in performance with it running. In fact, the best thing I ever did for our office network was purge it of all the Norton garbage and install AVG.

My brother is a Tech guy and he swears by Avast. I don't know much about it personally but that's the one he puts all of his clients on. He has nothing but good things to say about it.

Back