• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Which AMD Platform to use for mobile?

notarat

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
2,501
I'm going put a computer into my truck.

I've done the lunchbox PC already using the Asus AT5IONT-I Ion2 platform, and I liked the Atom/ION2 platform, but I want to try out the AMD based systems for this build, and I haven't kept current enough on their lineup to know which one is best for my needs.

Specifically, I'm looking to do the following:

Media Center type implementation to play back mp3s and music videos I've downloaded from Youtube.

I want to put the OS & any apps I need on a 128GB SSD

Then I want to use (2) SDXC Card Readers that accept the 128GB SDXC Cards I already have for media

I need Wireless N connectivity so I can sync up with my home network when I get within range to move media back and forth between home and my truck
.
While I say I want to play video, it's not like I want to watch movies while I drive.

I'm pretty anal about distracted driving so I do not plan on watching anything...just playing the videos I've downloaded from youtube, outputting the audio to my 4-channel amp to my speakers.

I already have a 7" touchscreen LCD for the dash that has vga/usb connection.

I just ideas on the the case and mobo/cpu/vga combo.

Suggestions?
 
I haven't been able to respond to this thread because I've been so flooded with replies...

/sarcasm


For those who give a crap which, evidently, is no one, I bought the following parts for the project:

ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3)
AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2133 SDRAM
Corsair 128GB Force 3 SSD for OS
Crucial M4 512GB SSD for media
US Robotics USB 3.0 Dual SDXC Card Reader
(2) 128GB Lexar Class 10 128GB SDXC Cards
Voom2 Car PC Chassis
M2-ATX 160Watt DC-DC PSU
Lilliput 7" Touchscreen LCD
Windows 7 Professional

This system will feed into my Clarion DFZ675 Head unit through the Auxillary input, then out to my Clarion Amp and Speakers.
 
It looks like a good setup. I'd worry about how hot the unit would get inside the car. A zacate platform (E450/E350) might have been a better choice.

Also, you might have gotten a better response if you had posted in the General Hardware sub section.
 
Back
Top